When The Ground Moves Beneath Your Feet

  1. Home
  2.  ~ 
  3. Family Law
  4.  ~ Modifications

Need To Modify Your Child Custody Or Support?

As children grow and family relationships change, it may be necessary to modify parenting plans and child support orders. At Weibel, Zacheis & Greenfield, LLC, we help clients throughout northern Colorado get modifications so their custody and support orders better reflect today’s life.

Experienced Help For Family Law Modifications

At Weibel, Zacheis & Greenfield, LLC, we help clients modify their child custody orders and parenting plans to increase their parenting time, protect their children from violent situations and assist clients with relocation cases.

  • Adjusting parenting plans — Parenting plans lay out how custody and visitation, or parenting time, is shared. When children begin spending more overnights with the non-custodial parent, it is often necessary to modify parenting plans. At Weibel, Zacheis & Greenfield, LLC, we help parents update their parenting plans to reflect today’s life.
  • Increasing parenting time — As time goes on, parents may wish to increase their parenting time. In these cases, a custody modification is necessary. At the Law Office of Lisa D. Harbour-Weibel, we work to help clients show how increased parenting time is in the best interests of the children, and gain the increased custody and visitation time our clients need to build bonds with their children.
  • Emergency restrictions — When situations turn violent, minor children’s physical, mental and emotional safety may be in danger. In these circumstances, we work with parents to seek emergency restriction orders that limit the time children spend with their other parent and protect children from harm. We also help parents who have been wrongfully accused of endangering their children protect their parenting time.
  • Relocation — Job opportunities and family commitments may make it desirable, or necessary, to relocate. When custodial parents wish to relocate, there is a strict process that must be followed before moving away with minor children. At Weibel, Zacheis & Greenfield, LLC, we help parents obtain permission to relocate and help parents prevent their child’s relocation.

Changing Child Support Obligations

If children begin spending more overnights with the noncustodial parent, or if either parent’s income increases or decreases, it may be necessary to modify child support. We help clients increase or decrease child support orders accordingly.

To schedule a consultation, contact the Greeley child support modification attorneys at Weibel, Zacheis & Greenfield, LLC by calling 970-286-7621 or filling out our online contact form.